For Parents, Homeschoolers, Daycare Providers, and Directors
Gain a complete understanding of why Montessori works. Guide your child’s growth through every stage of early childhood development.
Welcome to time-tested and authentic training in the Montessori method, taught through the legacy of Dr. Maria Montessori, Dr. Elisabeth Caspari and Mary Ellen Maunz, M.Ed., to you.
- Study online from the comfort of your home
- Learn in a multi-media rich interactive learning environment
- View exclusive archival video of Dr. Elizabeth Caspari teaching
- Access the most complete online Montessori training available
- Experience online course components that are dynamic, affording
you the time and space to develop relationships with your peers and instructors.
- Understand the Four Avenues of Learning, Normalization, Sensitive Periods and much more.
- Reflect on the depth and breadth of Montessori principles and concepts
- Unlock your child’s inner teacher (and your own).
Information Course Auditing Overview
The information course is for homeschoolers, parents, administrators, and anyone desiring to know more about the timeless insights of world renowned medical doctor and educator, Maria Montessori. Some people take this course for personal growth because the rich information applies to the development of our own potential as adults as well as how they can most effectively nurture their children.
This course is designed to give you time to absorb the fullness of what Dr. Montessori herself discovered and taught. If we had to choose one word to describe Montessori it would be “respect” – respect for our children, ourselves and our environment. And through this respect, we learn how to unlock the talents and gifts that are given to each one of us.
This course gives you the time and space to learn new skills, develop personal and professional relationships with your peers and instructors, to reflect on the depth and breadth of Montessori principles and concepts, and to unlock your own “inner” teacher.
Nine months of online study of the philosophy and psychology that is the heart of the Montessori Method. Topics you will study include:
- Getting to Know Your Prepared Online Environment
- Introduction to Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Preparation of the Teacher, Part 1: Personal Reflection
- Maria Montessori – a Short Biography
- Human Tendencies, Sensitive Periods and the Brain
- History of Methods – Montessori and Major Early Childhood Theorists
- Stage of Development
- Prepared Environment
- Liberty and Discipline
- Movement, Mental Assimilation and the Work of the Child
- Normalization through Work
- Preparation of the Montessori Director/Directress, Part 2: Spiritual Preparation
- Peace Education
You will also learn about the four great avenues of learning for the early childhood years (2 ½ -6) and the beautiful learning materials Maria Montessori designed for the children’s use. The four great avenues of learning are: Practical Life, Sensorial Development, Development of Language and Early Preparation of the Mathematical Mind.
Next Teacher Training Audit Enrollment Dates:
Next Program Starts: June 4, 2018
September 25, 2018
January 8, 2019
March 5, 2019
May 24, 2019
September 24, 2019
Contact Us to Answer Your Questions! 406-284-2160
Age of Montessori admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.