Next Teacher Certification Course Starts April 3rd
Become a Certified Early Childhood Teacher in just 14 months!
Benefits of an AOM Montessori Teaching Certificate:
- Teach anywhere – MACTE accreditation is accepted around the world.
- We take you deeper: Online training allows you to learn on your schedule at home and understand the depth and breadth of Montessori philosophy.
- The residency gives you the hands-on training with the lessons in the four avenues of learning.
- We provide you full access to our online video library of hands-on lessons that you can review anytime.
- You are not alone! We walk with you every step of the way.
- Each unit has an online forum for conversations and interacting with your fellow students and faculty.
Montessori Teacher Training Course Overview
Spring Program Starts – April 3, 2017
Fall Program Starts – September 12, 2017
Winter Program Starts – January, 2018
The Age of Montessori’s Early Childhood Teacher Training and Certification Program gives you the time you need to assimilate the complete message of Maria Montessori. During over eight months of online study, you will delve deeply into the philosophy and psychology that is the heart of the Montessori Method.
AOM’s MACTE-accredited Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Training course has four components:
(All components are required for MACTE teacher certification)
Download the Age of Montessori
Montessori Teacher Training and Certification PDF below:
“I chose this course because of the flexibility it gave me. I have a two-year-old son and I needed a schedule I could work with raising him and being around him.” – 2013 student
“I saw that you could do a course online, have that online academic component and then do the residency…that was absolutely perfect for where I was. The online component of this course was out of this world, amazing. The Residency covered so many materials and all the avenues.” – 2013 student
Part 1. Montessori Online Distance Learning – 8 months
Course Content Topics you will study include:
- Getting to Know Your Prepared Online Environment
- Introduction to Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Preparation of the Teacher, Part 1: Personal Reflection
- Maria Montessori – a Short Biography
- Human Tendencies, Sensitive Periods and the Brain
- History of Methods – Montessori and Major Early Childhood Theorists
- Stages of Development
- Prepared Environment
- Liberty and Discipline
- Movement, Mental Assimilation and the Work of the Child
- Normalization through Work
- Preparation of the Montessori Director/Directress, Part 2: Spiritual Preparation
- Peace Education
Learn about the four great avenues of learning for the early childhood years (2 1/2 – 6) and the beautiful learning materials Maria Montessori designed for the children’s use. The four avenues of learning are: Practical Life, Sensorial Development, Development of Language and Early Preparation of the Mathematical Mind.
Part 2. In-person Residency – 15 days
Demonstration and practice with materials
See the presentations in the four major avenues and have time for hands-on practice with all the materials. Learn how to present the Montessori lessons in the 2½ – 6 program and gain greater proficiency through hours of hands-on supervised practice with our faculty. Age of Montessori holds its annual 15 days of hands-on Residency training at several beautiful locations:
Complete 15-day Residency with hands-on training. Choose one location for 2017:
- Nashville, TN: June 11 – 28, 2017
- Bozeman, Montana: July 9 – 26, 2017 ~ popular vacation destination
- Castro Valley, CA: August 3 – 18, 2017 ~ near San Francisco
Students at a Summer Residency Share…
Part 3. Student Teaching – 9 months
9-month student teaching 5 days a week for a half-day in a fully-equipped, approved Montessori classroom in your local area.
Your internship is composed of nine months of on-the-job training as an assistant in a fully-equipped Montessori school, under the direction of an Age of Montessori field representative. You will have the opportunity to spend a full school year observing and learning how to conduct a class, give the lessons and interact effectively with young children.
During this year you will also make materials, give small group lessons and assist the teacher as needed in all aspects of daily classroom life.
Part 4. Final Practical Exam and Certification
After you successfully complete the three Montessori Teacher Training steps of the online courses with the required reading and forum discussions, the in-person residency, and 9 months internship, you take your final practical exam.
Your practical exam tests your thorough knowledge and use of the Montessori materials. Depending on student location, this exam may be held via Skype in your local area, or in-person at a residency campus.
Once you pass the practical exam, you are eligible for your MACTE-accredited Montessori Early Childhood Certification.
Register now for as little as $1300 down and interest-free monthly payments
Next Enrollment Date:
Spring Program Starts – April 3, 2017
Early Childhood Application 2016-17 – PDF (click to download)
Note: Audit Students – please call Robert
Let Us Help You with Your Questions
Call for Personal Consultation
*Yes, payment plans are available!
Age of Montessori holds accredited status for its Early Childhood Montessori teacher education certification course level from the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) through the year 2019.
Age of Montessori holds accredited status for its Elementary I-II teacher education certification course level from the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) through the year 2023. www.macte.org
Age of Montessori admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.