Call 406-284-2160 for a personal consultation –
Courses Online – 2 1/2 Week In-Person Residency – Plus Teaching Internship
Late registration ends October 10, 2019
Next Program Starts: September 24, 2019
Benefits of an Age of Montessori Teaching Certificate:
- Teach anywhere – MACTE accreditation is accepted around the world.
- (Please note that some states may require additional early childhood coursework to obtain a license to teach in the state. Please check with your state office.)
- We take you deeper: Online training allows you to learn on your schedule at home and understand the depth and breadth of Montessori philosophy.
- The residency gives you the hands-on training with the lessons in the four avenues of learning.
- We provide you full access to our online video library of hands-on lessons that you can review anytime.
- You are not alone! We walk with you every step of the way.
- Each unit has an online forum for conversations and interacting with your fellow students and faculty.
Montessori Teacher Training Course Overview
The Age of Montessori’s Early Childhood Teacher Training and Certification Program gives you the time you need to assimilate the complete message of Maria Montessori. During over eight months of online study, you will delve deeply into the philosophy and psychology that is the heart of the Montessori Method.
AoM’s MACTE-accredited Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Training course has three components:
(All components are required for MACTE teacher certification)
Part 1. Montessori Online Distance Learning – 8 months
Course Content Topics you will study include:
- Getting to Know Your Prepared Online Environment
- Introduction to Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Preparation of the Teacher, Part 1: Personal Reflection
- Maria Montessori – a Short Biography
- Human Tendencies, Sensitive Periods and the Brain
- History of Methods – Montessori and Major Early Childhood Theorists
- Stages of Development
- Prepared Environment
- Liberty and Discipline
- Movement, Mental Assimilation and the Work of the Child
- Normalization through Work
- Preparation of the Montessori Director/Directress, Part 2: Spiritual Preparation
- Peace Education
Learn about the four great avenues of learning for the early childhood years (2 1/2 – 6) and the beautiful learning materials Maria Montessori designed for the children’s use. The four avenues of learning are: Practical Life, Sensorial Development, Development of Language and Early Preparation of the Mathematical Mind.
Part 2. In-person Residency – 2.5 weeks
Demonstration and practice with materials
See the presentations in the four major avenues and have time for hands-on practice with all the materials. Learn how to present the Montessori lessons in the 2½ – 6 program and gain greater proficiency through hours of hands-on supervised practice with our faculty. Age of Montessori holds its annual 2.5 weeks of hands-on Residency training at several beautiful locations:
Complete 2.5 weeks Residency with hands-on training:
Students at a Summer Residency Share…
Part 3. Student Teaching Internship – 9 months
9-month student teaching 4 or 5 days a week for a half-day in a fully-equipped, approved Montessori classroom in your local area.
Your internship is composed of nine months of on-the-job training as an assistant in a fully-equipped Montessori school, under the direction of an Age of Montessori field representative. You will have the opportunity to spend a full school year observing and learning how to conduct a class, give the lessons and interact effectively with young children.
Self-directed internships are also available.
During this year you will also make materials, give small group lessons and assist the teacher as needed in all aspects of daily classroom life.
After you successfully complete the three Montessori Teacher Training steps of the online courses with the required reading and forum discussions, the in-person residency, and 9 months internship, you take your final practical exam.
Your practical exam tests your thorough knowledge and use of the Montessori materials. Depending on student location, this exam may be held via Zoom in your local area, or in-person at a residency campus.
Once you pass the practical exam, you are eligible for your MACTE-accredited Montessori Early Childhood Certification.
Register Now! We offer interest-free monthly payments
Next Enrollment Dates:
Late registration ends October 10, 2019
Program Start Dates: September 24, 2019
Let Us Help You with Your Questions
Call for Personal Consultation
*Yes, payment plans are available!
Age of Montessori holds accredited status for its Early Childhood Montessori teacher education certification course level from the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) through the year 2019.
Age of Montessori holds accredited status for its Elementary I-II teacher education certification course level from the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) through the year 2023. www.macte.org