Fall Courses Begin October 12, 2016
Winter Courses Begin January 23, 2017
Spring Courses Begin April 24, 2017
Age of Montessori has prepared three 60 hour professional development/refresher courses for you:
- Child Development Course: consists of an in-depth study of the stages of development (featuring a wonderful chart Maria Montessori drew in her 1941 course in India, faithfully copied by her friend and student Dr. Elisabeth Caspari) and the sensitive periods as they relate to current brain research. Learn more about the Child Development Course.
- Early Reading and Writing Course: designed to fill in some important gaps in your staff’s knowledge to successfully guide your children to develop their vocabulary and comprehend what they hear and read. Utilize the latest brain research and Montessori’s own concepts to read and write easily and well. Learn more about the Early Reading and Writing Course.
- Early Preparation of the Mathematical Mind: from the beginnings of the mathematical mind, we cover in depth the sequence of lessons that will take children from first knowledge of numeration through 10 all the way to memorization of the facts in the four operations. Learn more about the Mathematical Mind Course.
Professional Development Webinars – Online and Interactive
For the convenience of busy professionals, each professional development course is online and is taken over a 6 week period. Each course includes:
- Videos, instructional texts, recommended readings, resources
- Forums to discuss new insights with colleagues and new friends
- A teacher-mentor who is with you every step of the way
- Archival instructional videos from Dr. Elisabeth Caspari, friend and colleague of Dr. Maria Montessori
Each course has been adapted from our accredited Early Childhood Teacher Certification course and has been successfully field-tested with students in six cohorts over the past three years. Each course will guide you through a deep and thorough journey of the topic at hand.
Check out our free Age of Montessori webinars to get a feel for our expertise and our standard of excellence in presenting important information for teachers and parents in a dynamic, user-friendly manner.
So whether you have tried-and-true teachers who love to go more deeply into the magic of Montessori, teachers who have hit a dry spell and need to reconnect, new aides who need to understand more, or you yourself wish to refresh your knowledge, these courses offer all you could want and more.
Please call us at 406-284-2160
Our registrar, Robert, will be happy to talk with you about how your entire faculty can benefit by these professional development courses.
Warmest regards and best wishes for a successful school year!
Age of Montessori admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.