The Universality of the Montessori Method – Birth to Age 12
Offered: July 16
What You Learn in the Course:
Discover why Montessori education is so different from traditional:
• Infant / Toddler Community – Ages: Birth – 2 1/2
• Early Childhood Classroom – Ages: 2 1/2 – 6
• Elementary I – II – Ages 6 – 9, 9 – 12
Take an in-depth look at Dr. Maria Montessori’s discoveries of 100 years ago in the most effective ways to educate children. Her techniques of matching lessons to the way a child develops are now proven true and effective methods by educational researchers today. Her Montessori Method provides materials and resources that help each child learn and master themselves and their environment better than traditional educational methods.
Is it any wonder that many successful, innovative leaders attribute their success to their Montessori education?
Children learn practical skills that help integrate mind and body, develop great sensory discrimination and the Montessori Method is universally successful, regardless of language or location. Typically 4-5 year old children learn to read and write; they also practice mathematical principles from addition and subtraction.
Children in the elementary years study cosmic education. A curriculum that includes: history, biology, geography, math, geometry, language, grammar and cultural subjects.
Immerse yourself in this amazing 2 week course created by Mary Ellen Maunz, M.Ed. She brings her 4o+ years experience educating Montessori teachers, in the US and Russia, in providing you with rich insights in this introductory course.
2 Week Course Topics
- Underlying Principles of the Montessori Method
- Montessori’s Discoveries
- Essential Structure of the Montessori Infant-Toddler Community
- A Day in the Life of an Infant-Toddler Community
- Essential Structure of the Montessori Early Childhood Classroom
- A Day in the Life of a Montessori Early Childhood Class
- Essential Structure of the Montessori Elementary Classroom
- A Day in the Life of a Montessori Elementary Class
* “I do believe in Montessori education because I met a few young adults grown from Montessori, all of them have in common: strong individuality, very clear in communication skills, goal centered, humane.“
* Why Montessori Works — “The ‘Child is Leading’ concept is my biggest ‘aha moment.’ I am still digesting this concept in terms of practical use; because it is very different from my own learning experience and parenthood.”
* Assistant Course takeaways – “More fascinating ways of how Montessori schools work and how it helps mold a child and helps them become independent.”
* “There is so much more I want to know! I am so grateful to have learned more about the Montessori method through this course, and I am eager to delve deeper into the topics introduced here.”
Why Montessori Works Sign-Up
Offered: June 11 and July 16
Two Week Course – Special offer: $259
Sliding discount for multiple enrollments.
Call 406-284-2160 for info.
After purchasing, you will receive a confirmation email containing the information you need to access the Why Montessori Works! Course, materials and forum.